Nowadays people are affected by social media and the Internet Is it a good or a bad trend in your opinion Explain it by giving your own examples

Nowadays people are affected by social media and the Internet. Is it a good or a bad trend in your opinion? Explain it by giving your own examples.

In this cutting-edge technology era, the internet and social media have strongly attracted people attention during the last decade. People are heavily influenced by the internet and social networking sites. I believe they plan an indispensable role in making our lives comfortable. This essay will elaborate the benefits of the web technologies and mass media in the subsequent paragraphs.
To commence with, social networking sites and the web revolutionized the way people socialize with each other with the help of Facebook and Whatsapp applications which are not only economical but also easy to use. These technologies have made communication extremely easy and convenient. Nowday’s, people can talk to each other and also make video calls and conference calls. They can share pictures, videos, and music with their kith and kins. To cite an example, a study conducted by –‘The Times of India’- reveals that 84% of people preferred to communicate through social media. In addition, online shopping and payments of bill has reduced the traffic jams on the roads and made our lives hassle-free because we can do shopping online and can pay the bills by just one click.
On the other hand, I believe that Internet and social media encourage people to live in the virtual world and miss out on real personal interactions. This technology forces people to remain addicted to this form of social interaction. As a result, people avoid visiting parks, clubs and prefer solitude. This passive lifestyle gives rise to diseases such as hypertension, obesity etc. Furthermore, our age old traditions of greeting our family members and peers by visiting them physically have become obsolete. Last but not least, people indulge (busy) with the internet as they have obsession for the internet.
They, as a result, don’t spend quality time with their families.
To conclude, it is well known that every coin has two sides. However, I believe that social media and the internet have myriad of benefits for us and it is hard to imazine today’s life without them.