Essay topics: Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience
It has been a long debated discussion in both schools as well as at home if children’s leisure activities should focus only on acquiring knowledge or it does not really matter if a child learns or not during their pastime. With ever-increasing competition in the society, I believe that children’s hobbies must undoubtedly designed in a way that they both learn and enjoy at the same time.
Leisure activities, firstly, are an important and integral part of a child’s overall development. During this time, a child both enjoys what he is doing and also does not take the activity as a usual academic one’s with mental stress. Therefore, if a child is taught to acquire a hobby which is both educational and enjoyable, then he can take maximum advantage of it. Singapore, for instance, has encouraged both the academic institutions and parents to make the younger generation play with robots, as they understand that robotics is going to be a part of our future and thus, it can be the best pastime for children. Competitive society, secondly, requires the younger generation to have a vast knowledge on various fields of life. Consequently, students who use their leisure time productively are expected to have better future prospects.
Non-educational leisure time, on the other hand is advocated by some people, as they believe that children must be allowed to do whatever they enjoy, especially, after spending long working hours at the school. This opinion, according to me is not a right option, as it leads to child’s unproductive hours and may also result in acquiring unhealthy leisure activities, such as, playing addictive video games or watching inappropriate TV series.
From the above argument, it can be concluded that to yield maximum benefits and to have optimum mental development of a child, their pastime must, beyond any doubt be both educational and enjoyable.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||MOUSTAFA8810||61||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||PALAK AHUJA||84||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||berryabhisheksn||89||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||b.yousefi||84||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 day ago||HaseebAhmed_793||56||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||EELLeeee||78||Read full essay|
|5 months 4 days ago||learnafren||84||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||mohamed osman aita||61||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||bhatvishal@||78||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 weeks ago||saeed_S_1368||56||Read full essay|
- Some products can be made quickly by a machine. Other items take a long time to be made by hand. As a buyer, which do you prefer and why? Give specific details and examples in your answer. (81.5)
- Some people think that keeping pets is good for children while others think it is dangerous and unhealthy. Which opinion do you agree with? Discuss both options and give examples. (73)
- Obesity is a serious problem in many countries, especially in rich countries. Discuss ways to solve the problem. Provide specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (11)
- In some countries, the number of shootings increase because many people have guns at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (84)
- Some people like to travel outside their country. Others would rather travel to tourist spots in their own country first, before travelling abroad. Which do you prefer to do and why? Include specific details and examples to support your choice. (89)
- Some people think that secondary school children should study international news as one of the school subjects. Other people think that it is a waste of valuable school time. What do you think? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example (84)
- Some people think that a person improves their intellectual skills more when doing group activities. To what extent do you agree? Use specific details and examples to explain your view. (73)
- Some people think that all children should learn geography in school. However, some others think that it is more important to learn subjects that are more relevant to life. What is your opinion? (78)
- Today, the quality of life in large cities is decreasing. Discuss the causes and solutions. (11)
- Many governments in the world spend large amounts of money on art, which helps to improve the quality of people’s lives. However, governments should spend money on other things rather than art. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. (84)