Some people believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earned and should not have to pay tax to the state To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earned and should not have to pay tax to the state To what extent do you agree or disagree.?

The importance of paying tax has always been argued by people claiming that it is their hard earned money and they ought not to become a part of tax paying system while others disagree with this notion. In my opinion, the former proposition appears to be more rational. This essay will elaborate my view of paying tax as it makes a person responsible and grows country's economy.

After analysing the statement and explaining further, the first and foremost reason of paying tax is that it makes a person accountable for the duties towards nation. In other words, many people do not realise that they use number of public services which are free or available at low prices such as government hospitals, trains, metro, and national highways. These developments requires large sum of money and it would not be possible for the government to bear all the cost related to these projects. As a result, when the individual pay their proportion of tax then they act as a responsible citizen who are helping their country to become more developed.

Yet another essential reason is that the government should have adequate funds, so that they could be well prepared in advance in case of any disaster or crisis. This makes an individual crucial to pay their tax so that the government can utilise the money efficiently when needed. A recent outbreak of a disease named as COVID-19, for example, is a condition where authorities are providing free food vaccines and many facilities to their residents. Thus, tax paying is necessary to stabilise the nation's economy in mid of any crisis.

In conclusion, this essay discussed why I believe the tax should be mandatory for a person to pay as it makes the individual aware about the situation of the country. Also, the government would not be alone in the difficult situation when everyone pays their amount of tax.