Some people think governments should spend less money on arts and invest more in education How far do you agree or disagree with this opinion

One of the most remarkable earmark of any developed country is a high quality educational system. Schools and univerisities are the places were future eingineers, doctors, scientist and other essential professionals are forged. Though some people claim that arts should be subsidized too, I would stand behind those who, on the contrary, believe that considerable financial resources should be allocated to support teaching.

The function of art in human history is undeniably important. Since the dawn of mankind, humans in spite of struggling everyday to survive by making a living on hunting, fishing and fighting ferocious animals, had been trying to leave a fingerprint of their existance on the Earth. It is no surpise therefore, that we can admire still today outstanding cave paintings in backwatered locations all around the world. Over the centuries art has evolved, merging creativity with technology and giving birth to the movie industry, radio broadcasting and series on the Internet.

Given all that, we should not forget that what moves a country round is basically the educational level of its population. Being able to rely on highly prepared students, advanced universities and cutting edge laboratories gives an incredible edge over other nations, so that every possible effort should be done to allot enough monetary resources for this strategical field.
From my point of view, to conclude, art should not receive aid from the governament for mainly two reasons. First, taxpayers´ money should be invested primarly in essential services like healthcare, education, infrastructures and public transportation. Second, art should be free and independent from any form of influence, whether it comes in the shape of political or monetary support.