violent

violent

A controversy has arisen over the issue of whether violent films and games should be prohibited or not. In spite of the fact that these entertainments are going to be widely enjoyed as pastimes full of excitement and satisfaction, I would contend that the drawbacks firmly overweigh the sparse benefits.
Human beings have always sought ways to get the adrenalin going as this biologic alteration exerts a positive influence over their mind. Accordingly, adventurous activities which can be found in violence have witnessed a significant increase, recently. Placing violence at every single house, harsh films and games –thanks to the improvement of technology- are so prevalent due to their convenient, accessibility, and indisputably, their positive impact on human’s mood.
Detrimental effects, nonetheless, should not be underestimated. Watching or participating in violence in virtual worlds motivates people to contribute to similar activities in the real world. This approach would definitely give rise to a great sense of insecurity and fear in the society which would eventually culminate in more catastrophic issues such as vandalism and murder. A myriad of individuals, especially adolescents, have been sent to prisons for committing in crimes just as the impact of violent films and games. Undoubtedly, had they been informed about further consequences, they would have found better substitutes for their affinity with excitement.
By way of conclusion, although violent recreations benefit individuals from more tension and excitement, the disturbing side effects are much more powerful. Thus, government have to enact legislation to eliminate such hazardous activities.