When families have a meal together it is considered social activity Do you think eating together is important to people in your country

When families have a meal together it is considered social activity. Do you think eating together is important to people in your country?

In the past couple of decades, the lifestyle of people has dramatically changed. Family members interact very less with each other due to their busy schedule. However, families still have a meal with each other that is viewed as a social activity. In some countries, family gathering is crucial but these days, it is observed that the importance of family meal time has drastically decreased.

In ancient time, it was believed by many that it is significant for family members to have at least one meal together, and the reason was to know about each other’s life. For instance, in India, every family member was required to have dinner at the same time and at the same place, so that children can share about their career with parents. Therefore, such a meal was considered a social activity as members of a family interact with each other and share things related to them. Moreover, a discussion while having the meal was regarded as the best way to strengthen the bonds of family members with one another.

With a change in the lifestyle, some families do not have a meal together anymore, and education and jobs are considered as the major reason for it. In the present, whether it is education or an employement, every thing has become competitive; thus, individuals struggle in their own manner to achieve their objectives. Furthermore, some are immigrating abroad because of either jobs or higher education, due to which family members are not always available with each other all the time. Such circumstances have caused a decline in the essence of such a social activity. To illustrate, people work in the night time in some multi-national companies, and as a result they interact very less with their family members; hence, they couldn’t have a meal together.

To conclude, even though every individual does not get time to sit with family members at the table for a meal, they should respect the family meal activity and take actions to be available with each other.