The ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school

Many of us remember our parents warning about how important it is to be among high ranked students in our class or school, yet few of us might recall memories about being advised by parents to make constructive relationships with other people. The fact is, having a good skills related to social interactions was not as important as it is now. In modern days, due to various changes in people’s life style, the prosper future for students is not guaranteed only by studying hard in school, actually, they should be able to make vaster and deeper connections with people. In following paragraphs, I will explain my point in details.

To begin with, nowadays knowledge is power and people are the owners of the knowledge, so the only way to reach to the knowledge and information is the ability to build meaningful relationships with people. This way, we make sure that we can rely on our partners or our friends’ help in difficulties or particular occasions, also these people could be considered as a frame of references for us which are quite useful and beneficial. For an instance, I had a supervisor in my first job and we have a good connection, after she left the company, she still introduced me to various employers and I had this opportunity to get to know new people and make more financial resources for myself, In fact she entered my to her social network. In one word, compared to the major or GPA, people could play more significant role in our progress.

Besides, there is a huge difference in current workplaces comparing with the previous kinds of them. That is, today’s jobs are getting done by all employees’ help and collaboration, in another word, people have to work as a member of several groups, and otherwise they would be isolated by their peers. To take one of my friends as an example, she used to be the top student in our university classes and she graduated with an incredibly high GPA, although she couldn’t get along with people well, this was the reason that she ended up to work in a crumple office alone and did a routine job every day. Therefore, if she was capable to make better links with co-workers or managers she would definitely find adequate chances to improve in her career.

All in all, studying hard in school is essential but absolutely not enough for further progress in the life. These days, people have to deal with others in an efficient way, if they want to use these connections whenever they need help, also to find greater opportunities which lead them to success.

having a good skills related to social interactions
having a good skill related to social interactions

In fact she entered my to her social network.
In fact she entered me to her social network.