Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

Learning is an important part of our lives. We spend many years in school to get our education and we do a lot of effort to learn new skills or new thing in each day of our life. Some people agree that children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Others disagree. In my view, I totally agree with learning a new language as early as possible for two important reasons.

The main reason is that learning is easier in a young age. Everybody knows that we used to learn faster when we were children than we do as an adults. For example, I read a book a few months ago about the psychology of our body. One chapter was talking about memory and learning; the chapter includes a research done on student from different grade. In this research, they taught the student chinese language and none of them know chinese before that test. The result was stonished, they found that the first grade students were able to memorize more than the high school ones. From that book I could say that it will be easier for students to learn new language in early stage of their lives.

Second, students should start to learn foreign language in early part of their lives to benefit from it in their future. For instance, I'm from Iraq, and the main language in my country is Arabic. We studied English as a foreign language from first grade. I learned a lot of words and I was able to communicate the basic words when I finish the elementary school. I believe that learning a new language need many years of learning and practicing to reach the level of talking in good fluency; in other words, learning a new language is an accumulation learning. I really benefit from learning the English language in my early school years because I entered a pharmacy college. In my college the professors talk only English, and they refuse any arabic words through discussions. So, if I didn't learn English in my school, I wouldn't be able to success in my college and I would fail.

In conclusion, I strongly agree with that statement. Students should learn foreign language as early as possible in their schools. Not only is it easier to learn when you are young. But it also will benefit you in your future. That's why all schools should mandatory teach a foreign language.

schools should mandatory teach a foreign language.
schools should mandatorily teach a foreign language.

Sentence: The result was stonished, they found that the first grade students were able to memorize more than the high school ones.
Error: stonished Suggestion: No alternate word

No. of Words: 413 while No. of Different Words: 184