Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is important to know about events happening around the world even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, because countries and societies are bigger than past, there are more complicated relationships between countries. Besides, people access to many social media, which can make them aware of different news and events around the world. People have various opinions about would they know about these events or not. But I believe that it is not important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect our daily life.

First of all, knowing about these events can put people under stress more. In this era, people are involved in many problems, for example, economic issues, in their personal life, so they have to spend most of their time on their job, children training and managing their relationship. Therefore, people are surrounded by many subjects which play a crucial role in their life, despite, reading about news around the world can not be beneficial in their daily life. Also, people experience lots of stress during their daily life and, if they start to know about events, as most of these events are unlikely, it can put them under stress more than before. Subsequently, this stress can have negative influences on people's mental health and affect their daily duty in a bad way.

Secondly, people can not detect important and true news. In this era, people can become aware of news and events around the world through social media, which is more accessible and faster. A negative characteristic of social media is unreliable news which makes the condition hard for people to recognize important and true news. Also, governments and reporters can describe an event in their personal view to impress people. Therefore, people can react to these incorrect events in a bad way which can make the situation more worst for another country, and this is because political choices in one country can affect others. Besides, every moment different, and lots of events are happening, so knowing this incorrect news is a waste of time for people.

To sum everything up, I strongly do not support this statement; it is important to know about events happening around the world. This is because these events can consist of unpleasant events, which can put people under a ton of stress, and according to many sources of news people can not find a reliable source, so they may be confused and waste their time.