Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is just as important for older people to study and learn new things as

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is just as important for older people to study and learn new things as it is for younger people.

Studying in essential to everyone. Also, learning new things benefits all of us. Some people think that it is not important for older people to study and learn new things, while others do not. I completely believe that the learning and studying process are not related to age and older people will benefit a lot if they engage in any of them I feel this way for two reasons which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, studying and learning new things will keep the brain of older people active for longer periods. This is because people will be active and thinking which, in turns, will keep their brains working rather than deteriorating with age. My grandfather is a good example of this reality. He retired a long time ago, but when anyone sees him, he or she will notice how smart he is. He has the ability to engage in any discussion and interact effectively. I believe that this is because he tried to learn new things after his retirement. Rather than staying and watch television or listen to the radio, he decided to learn how to plant his garden, since he was depending on the gardener. One day, my mother told me that he enrolled in a gardening class. He started to read about different types of soil and how to fertilize them with good nutrients to grow healthy plants and trees. Nowadays, he has a beautiful garden with a lot of colorful flowers and also, diversity of trees like palm, lemon and orange. I always like to eat from his trees. This demonstrates how learning new things will help the seniors to be interactive and think better.

Moreover, the learning and studying processes will provide seniors with more enjoyable lives. Most of the older people are living alone, even if their sons and daughters are living in the same house. Most of the young adults are busy with their works or families, if they are married. Thus, older people will have a lot of free time, if they are not using it in doing anything, they will feel boring and will not be able to enjoy their lives and this, in turns, makes them stressful. Take my uncle as an example. He retired five years ago, unlike my grandfather, he decided to stay home and listen to the radio and watch television. He usually complains that he is boring and has nothing to do, since he is living alone as his wife passed away two years ago and his only son is living in another city. His life seems miserable to me, I suggest him to try to read or learn anything that might help him has more fun rather than sitting by his own.

All in all, I believe that it is important for older people to study and learn new things. This is because their mind will be active for a longer time and because their lives will be more enjoyable.

Studying in essential to everyone
Studying is essential to everyone

follow this user by three reasons but less examples:
http://www.testbig.com/users/ftn

-----------------------