Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

To be confidante in any subject student must understand not only some general options about it, but more deeply. I believe that the more student knows about the area of studying, the more he/she can apply this knowledge into practice. It allows to make wise decision or even create a new idea. To show how it is important to see a whole picture of the knowledge area, I want to provide an example in my professional sphere – nursing. If I knew only the algorithm how to help people with a high blood pressure, I would not be able to provide that help effectively, because I would not be aware of causes of the symptom that can lead to the high blood pressure and did not realized the difference in care processes. So, in that case my help could be not even useless, but moreover hurmfull. Another example is about IT technology. Some developers can write a code without understanding the whole vision of the end-product. It leads to the development of the wrong product. Furthermore, at the end of the project the company may not achieve the goal and loses money or customers. To change the situation a lot of companies have team meetings every day to get consensus and insure that everyone is on the same page.