Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
Nowadays, a general agreement is that the widespread of modern technology has unified many people from several parts of the world into a global community. In my opinion, the enormous power of the modern technology cannot bring together all present customs. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
To begin with, in a single world culture, the free exchange of ideas among individuals would use a universal language, probably due to the modern technology. However, this factor is far from its realisation in our contemporary world because people naturally speak their mother tongue much more clearly than learnt foreign language. This is why, from recent research, multilingual brain structure can handle very easily the vocabulary and grammar of the native language because of storage in long last memory. But, the foreign language is allocated in another part of human memory which can cease our performances. For instance, many people have a slight illusion that they can learn English very easily from the various modern resources such as the Internet, games and movies. I feel that these modern technologies can reveal an important knowledge but, without practising this language in daily life, it is hard to comprehend.
Secondly, modern technology cannot uniform individually the moral values and beliefs whose areas of manifestation are religion, history and tradition. From instincts, people totally believe in inherent concepts and they are open-mind in trusting the information, in related to their judgement, found in the modern technology such as the social network. For example, I rarely watch several traditional events in my country or I usually saw a religious post on Facebook. Sometimes, the information found online enrich my knowledge according to my existence. Therefore, the modern technology could not transform our custom’s conception, and surprisingly, it promotes among the population.
In conclusion, the modern technology cannot modify our historical trace even though our mother language.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||impce||70||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||kap||70||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||gkb||73||Read full essay|
|9 months 3 weeks ago||mehrnazsadr||90||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||germennn||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||Evgeniya||76||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||sadra1988||86||Read full essay|
|3 years 7 months ago||younes.tatari||80||Read full essay|
|3 years 9 months ago||Jay2016||80||Read full essay|
|4 years 4 months ago||SRI1977||70||Read full essay|
- In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables tha (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (60)
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. (80)
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. (70)
- Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first (80)
- In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfe (70)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement? (70)
- The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant. (80)
- Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples. (80)