Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The more money a person has, the more should he or she give away to charities.
Charities have become increasingly a controversial issue among people owing to extremely different opinion in this regard. One pivotal question which comes up here is that whether the more money a person has, the more should he or she give away to charity. While an overwhelming majority firmly believes that people who earn more money absolutely make efforts, therefore, they should enjoy more their money rather than give their money to charities, others hold the opposite perspective. In my opinion, it is reasonable that charity is the proportion in with how much money individual makes owing to some highlighted reasons. The following paragraphs will substantially elaborate on my points of view.
The most exquisite point is that helping other people is our moral task so when we are able to afford money for poor people, we should do it. For instance, there are catastrophic situations which some people significantly need others to help like a natural disaster and incurable diseases. For example, last year, unfortunately, one city in my country was destroyed in an enormous earthquake, therefore, people in that city needed help and I think it clearly was everyone duty to help them but the people who had more money can help them more than others. Consequently, the more money you earn, the more you should give to charities.
Another notable reason which is worth mentioning is that giving money to charities not only did help other people for leading a more convenient life but also is beneficial for the person who helps. One important requirement which satisfies us is being a positive person. Humans had a different type of necessities like food, sleep, and home. But after providing initial requirement we should provide the satisfaction of our soul which is being a beneficial and valued person. When a person has more money hence they should meet this requirement for their feeling. One recent survey in this regard has been accomplished in the Yale University to discover the association between human feeling and how much charities they give. It indicates that humans noticeably feel better about themselves when they give money to charities or help other people.
Another remarkable reason which significantly confirms my viewpoint is that life is combined of action and reaction. It means that when you do a nice work in the world, it would benefit you in the end. For instance, my mother always helped people who suffer from incurable diseases like cancer. This nice job benefits her too so she is healthy.
To sum up, taking all the aforementioned factors into consideration, we might come to the result that people who made money, should necessarily give more money to charity. Also, we should consider the noticeable point that human being should help each other in catastrophic situations like a natural disaster and incurable diseases. I recommend that everyone endeavor to help others people as much as it is possible for them to make others human life more convenient. It would surely make them even happier and richer owing to a pleasant feeling of being a nice person.
- All university students should require to take history courses no matter what their field of study is? (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The more money a person has, the more should he or she give away to charities. (66.5)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It's a waste of money for Government to fund space travel or space exploration. Give specific examples and details to support your answer. (81)
- TPO-49 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends (73)
- TPO-49 - Integrated Writing Task Like many creatures, humpback whales migrate long distances for feeding and mating purposes. How animals manage to migrate long distances is often puzzling. In the case of humpback whales, we may have found the answer: the (85)
- TPO-48 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize. (80)
- TPO-48 - Integrated Writing Task In recent years, many frog species around the world have declined in numbers or even gone extinct due to changes in their environment. These population declines and extinctions have serious consequences for the ecosystems (80)
- TPO-47 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life. (73)
- TPO-47 - Integrated Writing Task Pterosaurs were an ancient group of winged reptiles that lived alongside the dinosaurs. Many pterosaurs were very large, some as large as a giraffe and with a wingspan of over 12 meters. Paleontologists have long wondered (80)
- TPO-46 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and exam (73)