Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should have hobbies and do physical activities that are very different from their own work.
Modern people are tied up in a fast-paced life and feel overwhelmed. The white-collar class, in particular, has been deprived of time with hobbies due to tight schedules. Unfortunately, working under adverse circumstances, some people even devote their leisure time to hobbies as same as their own work in the name of professional improvement. From my perspective, pursuing hobbies and dealing with daily work should be rigidly divided instead of being inextricably mixed, which might be conducive to the quality of life.
For starters, most members of the working class have been facing potential health risks due to overwork. Major media have been advocating that picking up various hobbies and participating in diverse physical activities can address work-related stress, which may suggest that the prevalence of subhealth has drawn attention from the public. An investigation conducted by the New York Times has brought out that over seventy percent white-collar workers spend their spare time raising pets and engaging in team sports, which can mitigate the risk of mental illness. In contrast, the other thirty percent, those workaholics who are drowning in work during break time tend to isolate themselves from multiple forms of entertainment and suffer from depression more frequently. Evidence indicate that immersing oneself in various hobbies can help people recover from boredom and fatigue. Therefore, as long as people keep various hobbies consistently, they will enjoy sound health surely in the long run.
Furthermore, engaging in hobbies and physical activities which are extremely different from their work is beneficial to people’s social network as well. People living in the current days mainly have regular and canned routines, which means that they can merely contact with the same group of people everyday, such as their colleagues and families. Nevertheless, if they spend their leisure time taking part in some team sports like football or basketball, they may acquire more opportunities to make new friends, which can not only enlarge their social network but also broaden their horizons. By contrast, if their spare time are fully occupied by heavy work, they may be stuck in the boring and canned schedules, thus their lives will be all the same without novelty. Hence, it is crucial for people to allocate some time to their hobbies and physical activities without considering about the work.
Overall, in order to relieve the heavy pressure from bustling daily work and expand their social network, people can, and in many cases should, pick up a range of hobbies and physical exercises which are unrelated to their own work.
- Do you agree or disagree: The way people dresses is a good indication of his or her personality or character. (73)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (90)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (76)
- Your school wants to improve the quality of students’ life in the dormitory. Which one of the following do you think the school should build in dorms? 1. a quiet study area; 2. an exercise room for students to keep physical well-being; 3. a room for ent (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One can learn a lot about another person from the books and the movies that the person likes. (73)
- What is the most useful action for people to help environment in their local communities? 1. plant trees and create parks; 2. persuade local shops to stop providing plastic bags for consumers; 3. increase access to public transportation (such as buses and (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to read or watch the news presented by people who have similar views than the news presented by those who have different views from you. (70)
- Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad quality for a person, while some people think that it is a good quality for a person. Which do you prefer? (73)
- Some college teachers prefer to ask students to watch or listen to a recorded lecture before class. In class, they will ask students to do more practices about what they have learned from the lecture. Do you think this is an effective way and why? (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement? The universities should spend more money in improving facilities (libraries, computer labs) than hiring famous teachers. (85)