Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Providing Internet access is just as important as other services such as building roads so governments should offer Internet access to all of their citizens at no cost Use specific reasons and examples

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Providing Internet access is just as important as other services, such as building roads, so governments should offer Internet access to all of their citizens at no cost. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, the internet plays a crucial role in many aspects of our life. Some believe that governments should provide free internet access to their citizens. However, others might disagree with this opinion. If I have to choose between those two opinions, I would definitely say that internet service should be free and accessible to all citizens for a number of reasons, and I will develop these ideas in the subsequent paragraphs.

To begin with, the internet has become one of the most important features that describe our society these days. The internet is fundamental in our daily life and involved in many aspects. For example, in the teaching and education process, shopping, and communication. All of these roles make the internet a vital tool and provide free access to it, a pivotal subject. I have to admit that my opinion on this matter has been profoundly influenced by my personal experience. You see, when I was a student at university, I had to do research for my Fluid mechanic course. This research required access to the internet to get the information. But sadly, I did not have enough money to renew my internet service. My day was hectic, and I did not finish the research on time. As a result, I strongly believe that students should have internet access at no cost.

Secondly, Many things nowadays work on the internet—for example, online shopping. Imagine older people or patients who cannot reach a supermarket; online shopping makes it easier for them to shop in their homes. However, this would be hard if they had to pay for internet service. Drawing from my own experience, last year when I had COVID-19, I could not reach the supermarket to buy my essentials. However, online shopping provide me with this service. It is certainly clear that government should offer free internet access specially on these tough days.

In the light of the above mentioned reasons, I firmly believe that the internet should be available to citizens at no cost.