Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The purpose of television is to educate, not to entertain.
Nowadays, television is an elementary device you can find it in every house. Some people believe that the purpose of television is to educate. While, others believe that the purpose of television is just for entertainment and filling their spare times. Personally, I think not only, people can use television as an entertaining tool and pursue their own interest programs for fun, but also they can learn many thing from T.V. Actually, I think television support both entertainment and educational programs.
Let's look at the question from an entertainment standpoint, all people sometimes watch television just for release their stress and do relax. For instance, nobody like watching an educational show after hard working during a day, they like to watch some programs which do not challenge their mind and help them to spend their times with their families and have fun without putting a lot of energy. Comedic movies, talent shows, sport competitions and so forth, are kind of programs that are produced just for entertainment and have no educational aspects.
On the other hand, T.V can be a great teaching tool and some programs are produced to teach and educate people. For example, scientific programs are produced to expand people's information, or some cooking programs which take viewers a set of instruction to cook foods. Though, these kind of programs could be interested for people, but the main object of them is to instruct and educate people about a specific topic. The same can be true about health programs and some historic shows on BBC channel.
Finally, for improving the quality of television's shows, producers consider both of educational and entertainment aspects in some programs. It is really helpful especially for children. Children almost don't like serious and dry shows, but with making educational cartoons and movies, producers can increase children's incentive to watch educational programs with more enthusiasm. Accordingly television could act as both entertainment and learning tool.
To make a long story short, television has a pivotal role in both entertaining and educating people. All aforementioned reasons are point to my idea.
- TPO 45 (3)
- tpo45-Q1 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents do not understand their children as much as well as did 50 years ago. (rewrite) (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents do not understand their children as much as well as did 50 years ago. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country. (63)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In 20 years from now on, students will not use printed books any more. (71)
- tpo42 (66)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The purpose of television is to educate, not to entertain. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should assign homework for students every dayBut the big argument among teachers is that how much homework is enough for students? do they do assignment every day? (73)
- tpo40-Q1-rewrite (80)