Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I don't agree that universities should spend more money on the salaries of professors to enhance the education quality. I am a college student is Taiwan, which is a very small and crowed island and has about 23 million people living on it. Thus, university students are often complaining about the crowdedness of their campus. I think universities should spend more of their funds on ways to expand the space for learning and doing exercise to improve the overall education quality.

First, universities are supposed to increase the public space for group discussion about school work. I study at National Taiwan University, and my major is in English. I love to study with my friends, Freyia and Alicia. Besides, because our professors always emphasize the importance of critical thinking—how we are able to make in-depth comments on the literary works we have learned, we are encouraged to hold a study session after class regularly. We often choose the student activity center to discuss, since there is a cafeteria and if we are hungry, we can get some food really conveniently. However, every student likes to go there as well, and we sometimes can’t get our favorite seats at the first floor in the corner. Therefore, we had no choice but to go to the nearest Starbucks. Since we have to order something in order to stay there, it usually costs us lots of money to go there, even though I always order the cheapest latte. The most-discussed topic is poetry, especially romantic poetry written by William Wordsworth, Lord Byron, John Keats, and so on. Nevertheless, Starbucks is often noisy, so it’s really hard for us to focus. Not only do we have to spend more money on the coffee, but the environment is not so good, compared to the student activity center. Consequently, I suggest that school should spend more money in building more space for academic discussion.

Second, students also need space to relax, since the studying loads in universities are quite heavy. However, my university has failed to provide adequate sport fields for us to use. My department has its own badminton team and I join in in my freshman year. Badminton is a very popular sport at my university, so we often have to get up really early, like five in the morning, to sign up for the sport field. Unfortunately, most of the badminton fields are reserved for the badminton school team. We just stand no chance to use them. As a result, we go to an elementary school instead, but the place is very far away, like 40 minutes away from our campus, and it’s really inconvenient to travel such a long distance. It seems that doing exercise becomes another kind of pressure due to the shortage of sport fields on campus, which make it less relaxing than it’s supposed to be. Therefore, in addition to academic achievement, universities also need to have more sport fields because relaxing properly certainly helps improve students learning performance.

In conclusion, I believe school should not spend more money on the salary of the school faculty. Instead, funding the expansion of space for learning and leisure activities seems to be more important in terms of bettering the quality of education.

I am a college student is Taiwan,
I am a college student in Taiwan,

Well, the essay is not exactly right on the topic. need to argue more why not on salaries for university professors.