Do you agree or disagree People should read only those books that are related to real people real events or established truth Use specific reasons and examples to support your response

Do you agree or disagree?
People should read only those books that are related to real people, real events or established truth.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.

Every one of us have different views, taste and experiences from their life. Based on it, a person is independent to choose his/her interest in reading books. Although, we can learn a lot from books based on real events, real people, and established facts, it is not necessary that reader should only read those kind of books. Purpose, like-dislike and mood may differ from time to time. Therefore, I strongly disagree that people should read only those books that are about real events, real people and established facts.

To begin with, many people read books during their leisure time. Some people just read for fun to relieve stress. They may not like to focus and remember all the important facts while relaxation. For example, when I was a kid, I used to read comic books every Sundays. I didn’t like to read about the famous stories of any real world heroes, as I just want to read something to be relaxed from stressful week days. Thus, reading should be enjoyment and not a compulsion.

In addition to it, real life stories and established facts may not match with perspectives of all the readers. Every mind has its own belief and point of view on facts. Sometimes established facts may not be acceptable to a individual. In such situation, no one should force him/her to follow them. For example, my brother never liked the deeds and the attitude of Napoleon. Thus, he never wants to follow his beliefs. In this way, impact of famous people and established facts may differ from person to person.

Last but not the least, an individual’s mood generally selects what genre he/she wants to refer. As an adult, sometimes I like to read real life stories and get inspirations from it. However, at another time I may have different mood to read another type of book. One day I may like to read romance novel as a youngster, other day I may prefer to read comic books as a kid. Thus, I like variety of genre not just related to real people, real events or established truth.

To put it in a nutshell, a reader should have his own choice and freedom on selection of a book. There may be bias in established facts, and overwhelming stories of real people and real events which a reader may dislike. Therefore, from above reasons and examples, I disagree with the statement that people should only read books that are related to real events and real people, and established facts.