Essay topics: Many people have a close relationship with their pets. These people treat their birds, cats or other animals as members of their family. In your opinion, are such relationships good? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Many people choose to have a pet in their house, whether it was a dog, cat or any other animal. Some individuals become so attached to these animals that they treat them as a member of the family. In my opinion, I believe that establishing a relationship with animals is extremely beneficial. I feel this way for many reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
First and foremost, pets provide emotional support through companionship to their owners. The innocence and purity in their eyes is something that brings pleasure to the entire family. Moreover, the playfulness that some dogs show, for example, when their beloved ones come home, helps their human friends to forget about their stress and responsibilities. I remember my old apartment when my neighbour had a very outgoing black dog. When I used to return back home after a long day at work, this dog used to be very excited and used to jump on my shoulders and run around in joy. This was a big relief for me since I felt accepted and any negative thoughts I had in the back of my head vanished. People who do not have many friends or feel lonely would benefit the most from owning a pet.
Secondly, it has long been believed that animals are not able to feel some human feelings or they are not capable of understanding certain human values. However, many recent studies have illustrated that this conviction is not true. In fact, most animals, especially mammals, share with us the same way of processing emotions. For instance, one experiment conducted on a species of monkeys was able to clarify that animals are familiar with the concept of justice and fairnessa and this was striking for the scientific community. In this study, two animals were given a reward each time they handed researchers a type of token. When the rewards were the same, both animals were satisfied and they did not show any kind of discontent. Nevertheless, when scientists gave the preferred reward to one animal, which was grapes in this case, and offered the less favorable cucumber for the other, the monkey that the researchers discriminated against was furious and had to through the reward in their face. Hence, having a good relationships with animals is important since most animals need care as much as humans do.
To conclude, I am of the view that it's crucial to have a good relationship with our pets since this would bring about health benefits for our family and also animals' brains are very similar to humans and they definitely need the same affection as humans.
- london and german fossils (86)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be a leader of a group. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (86)
- online pharmacies (83)
- Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students.Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss theseviews. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. (90)
- methane gas explosion vs asteroid (80)
- tunguska (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (88)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (76)
- Some students prefer to study at a large university that has several thousand students. Other students prefer studying at a small school that has only a few hundred students. Which type of these two types of schools do you prefer? (60)