Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

In society, everyone lives within a group of other people, interacting with them. Those people consist his social environment, affecting his personality and his way of thinking. However neighbors are a group of people who live in the same area or building, thus, affecting a persons everyday life. I believe, that there are specific traits a neighbor should possess in order to make your life easier.

Firstly, they must be able to make compromises and be open to change part of their routine for the sake of the neighborhood. More specifically, one should be clever enough to understand when his actions bother his neighbors and open minded enough in order to adapt to the new circumstances, simultaneously. For instance, when I moved in a new neighborhood I was listening my music loudly every night, because that was not a problem before, but given that some neighbors address me that it was a problem, we came in an agreement for me to use headphones.

Secondly, a good neighbor should be an active person ready to discuss about various problems his neighborhood might encounter by taking part in potential meetings. To be more precise, a passive person is not of any help to anyone and might even create dysfunctions in the good operation of the whole neighborhood. For example, given that there is a higher possibility to solve a problem when people gather in groups rather than acting individually, a neighborhood which consists of people with no interest in participating at group events mostly, will not accomplish any of its goals, therefore, will never improve the quality of their lives.

Last but not least, discreetness is one of the most important qualities that a good neighbor must have. Every person without any exception would like to have his privacy and a good neighbor should not violate it with unwanted attention. Moreover, in order to feel safe and live in harmony everyone wants to be able to relax once they go home and not have to worry about their neighbors affairs. Thus, the ability to mind your own business is necessary for every neighborhood.

Need a conclusion paragraph.