People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

"Education is the manifestation of perfection already existing in man." –Swami Vivekananda.
Education enlightens the human mind, nurtures the good quality and capacity in man. After passing out from school most of the students join colleges and among them a section of students aspire to enter into the universities due to different reasons.

To start with, there are students who are willing to delve deeper into their favorite subjects and want to quench their thirst of acquiring more knowledge and only way to fulfill their aspiration is to pursue higher studies. They are also very much eager to explore new dimensions in their field of interest and wish to devote their whole life in inventing new methods, techniques etc. For example, we all know about the renowned physicist and chemist Mary Curie who was awarded Noble Prize twice due to contribution in radio-active experiments. Despite of poverty, her iron determination to take scientific research in Physics inspired her to continue higher education in University of Paris.

Moreover, with time as complexity in our daily life increases, our preference to specialists has also increased. Let us consider the field of medical science, with time it is divided into many branches like cardiology, neurology, orthopedic etc and in every branch new methods, techniques and medicines are invented frequently, so everyone wants to consult with a specialist for his problem and give less preference to a general physician. As it is not possible to keep track of all aspects of a subject for one person, to get educated in specialized manner, most of the doctors after finishing their M.D. spend few years to specialize in a particular field. Similarly, to expertise in a particular field of physics, after achieving the bachelor degree students get admitted in universities.

Last but not least, competitions in job markets increases with time and to qualify for a post becomes difficult for a students with only college education as every recruiting company wants to hire those pupils who excel in their academic careers and are adept in their field of study. To get success in this rat race, a student takes an admission in university where he gets a good exposure to learn theoretically and practically to improve his skill. Moreover, basic salary also depends on the education level of a student, so to earn a lucrative salary everyone is willing to pursue their higher studies.

In conclusion, students have different aspects to get admitted in universities and colleges. Summarizing, some want to get sumptuous job to afford comfortable life, some want to do researches and explore the colossal of ocean of knowledge.

and only way to fulfill their aspiration is to pursue higher studies.
and the only way to fulfill their aspiration is to pursue higher studies.

for a students
for students
for a student