The following appeared in a letter from the faculty committee to the president of Seatown University:A study conducted at nearby Oceania University showed that faculty retention is higher when professors are offered free tuition at the university for thei

The following appeared in a letter from the faculty committee to the president of Seatown University:

A study conducted at nearby Oceania University showed that faculty retention is higher when professors are offered free tuition at the university for their own college-aged children. Therefore, Seatown should institute a free-tuition policy for its professors for the purpose of enhancing morale among the faculty and luring new professors.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

There are various factors which play in this dilemma of whether the professors should be provided with free tuition or will the have to pay for the courses as well. The first point that I would like to raise is whether the Seatown university has enough fund to cater to the courses that the Professors are provided with. If the retention rate proves to the equivalent to the retention rate of Oceania, and Seatown has enough funding then they can stick to the policy of free tuition.

If the professors are highly paid then they naturally can afford for such courses. Other it would not be sagacious to inquire about each professor's financial background, hierarchy might be considered a factor. A professor is more paid than an assistant professor so such courses can be made free for assistant professors but paid tuition for professors can be a compulsion.

It also depends on the status of the university in the World ranking, how many courses are taught and the student strength in the University. If there is a huge number of students in the University and if the students aspire to be a part of this institute because of its excellent research facilities and felicitous emeritus faculty and alumni then even if the professor has to pay for the courses they would be lured to be a part of the big institute. It is a matter of fact that money is imperative to sustain but a most of the researchers and professors would like to foster their knowledge and would look for holistic development.

During the time of hiring of professors one more factor can be considered. If the interviewer finds that the Professor's place is very near to the college then he can be given preemptive over professors staying far away. Because everyone wants to stay very near to home that might urge him to stay back rather than leave a college all of a sudden just because of paid tuition. That would reduce his travel cost s well. Moreover the location of Seatown university is also a factor. If there are other colleges which means alternate opportunities for the professor he would rather move to a college where he does not have to. So policies has to be set accordingly-high tuition fees if no opportunities around and free tuitions if abundant.

These are the determining conditions that would help evaluate the argument to accomplish a pellucid policy.

Sentence: There are various factors which play in this dilemma of whether the professors should be provided with free tuition or will the have to pay for the courses as well.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or
Suggestion: Refer to the and have

--------------------
argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK
--------------------
read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/following-appeared-…