Some parents offer their school age children money for each high grade mark they get in school Do you think this is a good idea

Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school.
Do you think this is a good idea?

Nowadays there is a worldwide belief, stating that people may do their tasks much better if they have some incentives for doing that task. These incentives can vary in different cases. They would be financial awards, more respects, more admirations, etc. This issue would be considered in academic areas too. There is a drastic contrast between parents to dedicate a monetary award for their children high marks. While many parents believes that it is sensible to offer children money for each great grade, I utterly think that it would not be a good idea. There are some reasons which led me to disagree this idea.

In my opinion the first and most important reason is that, by assigning money to children for each of their academic success, this notion would be emerged in students’ mind that they are just studying to gain money. Appearing this idea in their minds will get them far from the crucial goal they are trying for. This idea would play a misleading role in children life, that money is the underlying impetus in order to do their responsibilities.

Furthermore, another reason which has to be considered is that, by recurring this kind of financial presents, students would merely concentrate on money. The combination of saving money and the correlated satisfaction subsequently, would effect as a substantial factor distracting them from the focusing on valuable academic lessons. So, children will not be academically prosperous in the future.

Is it a good idea to offer students financial awards? Drawing upon the reasons – studying just for obtain money – and – subsequent distraction --, although there are always some exceptions which are excluded from general rule, I am to a large extent on the belief that, dedicating money awards to students for doing their activities would not have any advantages and would turn them to a person who does not do any task without gaining money. So, I completely believe that it is not a good idea to motivate students to study more and there may be some other ways to make them enthusiasm for studying.