Essay topics: Some people like to buy and eat their meals at restaurants frequently while some others like to eat at home.
Which do you prefer? Why?
The modern society has witness a dramatic progress in economy during the past several decades, which has extremely improved people’s living standard. A considerable number of people may choose to have meals at restaurant due to its convenience, while taking into account the expenditure, the vast majority of people are more willing to eat at home. From my perspective, I would rather cook meals at home than eat outside.
Admittedly, numerous people prefer to have their meals outside due to the urgent need for saving time. Modern people are tied up in a fast-paced life and feel overwhelmed. The white-collar class, in particular, has been deprived of time with adequate rest due to tight schedule, not to mention cook by themselves. That’s why an increasing number of people have to eat at restaurant. For instance, an investigation conducted by the New York Times has brought out that over seventy percent of white-collar workers have lunches outside on account of the limited break time. Hence, the aforementioned reasons may account for a part of the reasons why more people eat outside.
However, if I were the decision-maker, I would prefer to cook meals at home since it exerts a positive impact on my physical health. If we frequently have meals at restaurants, the excessive additives and even gutter cooking oil contained in the food may be extremely detrimental to our health. By contrast, if we have meals at home, we will give top priority to the healthy and safe ingredients, which is certainly conducive to our health. In addition, it is entirely probable that the dishes sold in restaurants are made of stale ingredients and also contain high calories, which may increase the rate of obesity. Conversely, the food cooked by ourselves are more healthy because we will pay much attention to buy fresh and low-fat ingredients. Therefore, eating at home can lead us a healthier life.
What’s more, it will also be more economical for us to cook our meals at home. Although people generally have higher payments currently, the high salary is often accompanied by high price of everything, thus people need to make an effort to allocate their income appropriately. The expenditure of rent, medical service as well as education should all be taken into consideration. Otherwise, they may fail to make ends meet. However, eating outside in a daily basis may occupy a considerable proportion of their income since the restaurant has to gain profits. So it is the most cost-efficient for them to eat at home. Then they can spend more money on other meaningful things, such as travelling or getting further education. Hence, eating at home can help relieve people’s heavy financial burden.
To sum up, even though many people are preferable to eat outside because of their intense schedule, I am in favor of cooking meals at home due to the healthy and economic factors.
- Do you agree or disagree: The way people dresses is a good indication of his or her personality or character. (73)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (90)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (76)
- Your school wants to improve the quality of students’ life in the dormitory. Which one of the following do you think the school should build in dorms? 1. a quiet study area; 2. an exercise room for students to keep physical well-being; 3. a room for ent (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One can learn a lot about another person from the books and the movies that the person likes. (73)
- What is the most useful action for people to help environment in their local communities? 1. plant trees and create parks; 2. persuade local shops to stop providing plastic bags for consumers; 3. increase access to public transportation (such as buses and (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to read or watch the news presented by people who have similar views than the news presented by those who have different views from you. (70)
- Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad quality for a person, while some people think that it is a good quality for a person. Which do you prefer? (73)
- Some college teachers prefer to ask students to watch or listen to a recorded lecture before class. In class, they will ask students to do more practices about what they have learned from the lecture. Do you think this is an effective way and why? (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement? The universities should spend more money in improving facilities (libraries, computer labs) than hiring famous teachers. (85)