Home >> .

TPO-08 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television advertising directed towards young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

biol's picture

Some people stick to that the TV advertising shouldn't be allowed. They may consider that this action will affect the cognition abilities of young children. However, I think the healthy Television advertisements are beneficial in some situations and could be allowed.

To begin with, some people may think that young children cannot differ the visual advertising from the real world, thus, they cannot make a good decision. However, this is just the point I hope to argued. Firstly, the television advertisements cannot be memorized well by the children, so the advertising is mainly watched by their parents in fact. In this case, if the parents control the TV watching time of their children, the TV advertising couldn't hurt the children and make bad affect to their cognition. For example, for me, I couldn't remember the advertisements what I watched when I was 3 to 5 years old. Furthermore, as the children cannot distinguish the advertisements and the real world, expect this directed aimed advertisements, other advertisement could have the same effects to young children. In this case, only banning this type of advertisement is not fair.

Meanwhile, some TV advertisements directly towards young children are also useful just like other advertisements towards adults. The television advertisements could spread many information for the products. For instance, what the mainly function of the servant robots or the beneficial effects of one type of milk powder. These information could be utilized to make a more provident decision for the parents. Besides, I think the unhealthy advertisements couldn't permitted to put on by TV station, and the parents have the right to decide if to choose such products. Whatever, the advertisements are not designed to hurt the young children. And the evidence are lacked to determine the unhealthy effects for the young children.

In conclusion, the TV advertisements could be allowed even if they are mainly about the content directed towards young children. This type of TV advertisements actually don't own too much expected effects to the young children, because the latter even woundn't remember them. And the advertisements also have their function for the parents to make a better decision.