Home >> .

TPO 21(independent)Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school.

PRACHI DAVE's picture

There is no doubt that getting a success in a future job depends on many factors. In the past few years, competitions among the employees have become a real challenge, and it is hard to compete with them. Some argue that having background information is a key factor which assists greatly to reach the target of being an excellent employee at the workplace. While others hold the different idea that the ability to communicate well with other people is more important. From my perspective, the latter view carries more weight. I take the position on account for the following reasons.
Primarily, communication skill is required at every place whether is a social place or the work place. If a person has enough knowledge but cannot communicate well with others, then a person may not express well his opinion to the others. Gradually it may transfer into one type of fear which may build into the person's mind for the lifetime. For instance, one of my close friends was very intelligent in school and used to get a good score in the exam, though she was never able to explain her answer in front of the other students in the class. Later in life, it became a big problem for her as she could not be able to answer properly in the job interview. Hence, even though my friend was brilliant enough, her communication fear got her into trouble many times.
Furthermore, the work environment requires many social skills that are necessary for success. Work can be done better by expressing an individual's thoughts rather than having knowledge of the task. Additionally, good communication skill would help the employee to attract more customers in the marketing field, and it would help in creating a good relationship with the customers. Every time, having knowledge would not play the foremost role at workplace. For example, bill gates did not finish his college, however, he is the most successful business person in the world.
Admittedly, studying hard is also an important element to get a job, however, it is not the only factor that works to get a success in the future job. To that problem, the students are acquired to study for the additional social behavior classes in the school. As a result, the students would gain educational knowledge, and the extra class helps them to improve their interpersonal social behavior.
All in all, I strongly believe that relating to other people is more crucial than studying hard in school. This is because the need of communication skill and the practical knowledge depend mainly on the building a relationship with the other people in the real environment of work.

Your rating: None Average: 8 (1 vote)