Home >> .

TPO-30 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours. Use spec

ZhicongLiang's picture

Wiht the development of the society and people engaging in jobs that require intelligence and ideas instead of routely hard-wroking, people have more flexible working hours. And a prevalent statement we hear a lot is that having a job where you work only three days a week for long hours is more enjoyable than a having a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours, since we will have more successive free time to do whatever we want. A considerable number of opponents, however, argue that working for a extract long time will totally exhausts people. As far as I am concerned, the former view seems align more with my perspecitve. There are several reasons to support my point of view, however, the following two would suffice here.

To begin with, although continuely working for a long time is kind of exhausting, it is not to say that it is tormenting. As we all know, we do not perform equally efficient in every working hours. It is more easily for us to be distracted in the first and the last one or two hours in the whole working period. For this reason, the longer the whole working period is, the more efficient we would be in average. What's more, a lot of jobs need high concentraction for a long time, it we are always disrupted by the routely short work schedule, we could not concentrate on our jobs, thinking and working as in a deep level as we can. In addition, working for a long time every day also promises us a long time of relexation, which will also balance our attitude and give us motivation to move on.

For another, if we have a successive free tims by working for a long time every day, than we will able to do more things in this period. To be specifical, we could take a few days trip in this free time with our family, which it is not possible if we only have a two days off every week. What's more, a more successive free time allow us to relax more thoroughly. For example, I bet most of our students will stop their weekend enjoyment before Sunday night because they are worried that the lack of sleep on this night will have bad effect on their performance on Mondey, espeically when there is examination. For this reason, people can not totally relax on their free time. However, a more successive free time can give them a relief.

Admittedly, a minority of individuals tend to believe that the traditonal working schedule is better for the reason that people will experience a more significant up-and-down in their motion if their working hours and pleasure time become more polarized. However, I am confident that people will get used to it soon since the new schedule proposed in the stateement is more flexible, which means it can also be changed to the same as the traditonal one if someone wants.

For the reason above, I believe that it will be more enjoyable for people to work only three days a week for long hours than to work five days a week for short hours.