Home >> .

TPO 47- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

M.S 2019's picture

There is no gainsaying that technological progresses have improved means of communication which facilitate for human beings to know more and more about their all around. This matter instigates heated debate whether people should delicate their time for knowing about all events throughout the world or they should just concentrate about the events which are related profoundly to them. From my perspective, the latter option is more acceptable. The ensuing paragraphs will elaborate my points of view.

First exquisite point to be mentioned is that managing time has a crucial role in human beings’ lives these days. Nowadays, most of the people are occupied and they work for hours during days. People especially in big cities waste a bit proportion their time in the traffic congestion when they are commuting. For example, when I was studied in university, I had enough time for following all political and social events throughout the world. In other words, I enjoyed knowing about the other countries’ news. After that I stated working as an IT programmer, I have not had enough time for even watching television. Therefore, it is undeniable that the great majority of people especially middle aged people do not have adequate time for knowing about events in other countries.

Second point that comes to my mind is that people who are able to concentrate on their works are more likely to be successful in their lives. Undoubtedly, people are curious about global events, but people know that the curiosity might distract them from their plans. It is obvious that people should just concentrate on their lives for achieving their goals. For instance, I never watch television when I have an important exam. For instance, last year I was studying hard passing the university entrance exam which is hold annually in my country, I just concentrated on studying materials and after one month, I Found that people revolted in some countries in Middle East.

Last but not least, events are not always attractive but they are bitter and unbearable. For example, some news about the war in some countries are too tragic and people cannot forget them easily. For example, once I was watching news and there were some movies about war in Syria, there were a lot of innocent kids who were killed or injured. I can never forget these scenes ant hey have had profoundly impact on me. Hence, some events are too bitter and they bother our soul and we should not follow them, especially when we cannot do anything for solving these problems.

In conclusion, contemplating all aforementioned paragraphs, there is no doubt that people should just concentrate on the related events rather than all events, because people not only have enough time these days but also are able to do their works more productively. Moreover, people are able to live more happily.