Home >> .

TPO-47 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life.

mitra-goli2041's picture

News has become one prominent aspect of everyone lives owing to widespread technologies like internet web pages and communication applications. Nowadays, all the events news is available on the internet in the fraction of second, therefore, access to the striking news is dramatically easier than people taught in the past. One significant question which raised here is that whether it is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect our life or not. While some people strongly seek all the news, no matter they are significantly irrelevant to them, others hold the opposite perspective. I firmly think that spending time on useless events happening is just the worst way to waste our time due to some noticeable reasons. The ensuing paragraphs will elaborate on my points of view.
The most remarkable reason is that time is as precious as our other properties like money or even more. We should be economical with our time so putting our time on events would not be a wise choice. Therefore, we can utilize our time in the more intelligent ways like reading books or doing exercise which have some benefits for us despite useless events. For example, when I was younger, I spend a lot of time surfing on the internet for knowing about events like the famous people wedding ceremony or their babies which was really absurd. Hence, I did not have enough time for more valuable tasks like studying and sports. Ultimately, I was depressed owing to lack of sufficient time for my daily aims. My father advised me to quite the communication application which just wasted my time so I did it. It was the most significant advice which helped me save my time for more important tasks, not events around the world.
Another notable reason which worths some words here is that attractive news on web pages just want us to pay attention to their advertisements. Besides, we waste our time on unmeaningful events, we would be intrigued to buy staffs which we do not need them. Paying attention to the events is not only time-consuming but also not economical. One recent survey has accomplished on this topic in Yale University to find the correlation between intriguing events and factory advertisement. It indicates that the more interesting the events on the page is, the more people would remember the advertisement on that page so the companies pay the webpages to advertise their products accompany with exciting news like celebrities divorce.
To sum up, taking all the eminent factors into account, we might come to the result that events happening which do not influence our lives is not enough important to waste our time and money. I recommend that everyone should put their time and effort on the goal which is valuable.