TPO-48 - Independent Writing TaskDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.

TPO-48 - Independent Writing Task

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.

This is a common truth that ability to plan and organize is a backbone of today's life. Society used to be quite simple and even primitive and people lived in small groups and even city dwellers had a simple life as well. However, nowadays each person is a part of an intricate and elaborate mechanism - society which demands people to plan ahead. Without this ability contemporary society would not sustain. Reasons of my prospect will be discussed in details below.

Firstly, all aspects of our lives require from us to plan in advance. An average spouse parent has to wake up earlier in order to cook a meal for his wife and daughter. Then help the child to prepare everything for school and give her a lift. After that the one must quickly get to a workplace which he will leave at 5:00 PM due to necessity to pick the offspring from the school. In order to do so, the husband must fulfill his working duties. The implementation of all of this is impossible and unthinkable without planning and organizing.

Secondly, today we have a longer life span. This is good news which force us think ahead about our retirement because if we do not save enough money up, we will face a dull and probably difficult retirement. Once again we may see how important and crucial ability to plan for a contemporary person because in order to save a considerable amount of money a future retiree ought to start to save as early as possible. Money will grow over time steadily and with compound interest rate, even a hundred dollars which was put in an account forty years ago may turn into several thousands. By contrast, in the past a person had no need to plan ahead and think about retirement because in average person lived to 30-35 years and the duty to care for the parents was assigned to the oldest son.

Finally, even such fundamental and basic need as procreation now requires a thoughtful and wise planning. Even fifty years ago people did not care much about this aspect of life, in fact, because everything was much simpler. However, today parents plan a birth of baby and even start to worry about child's future before it was conceived. The reason behind this is that raising a newborn is quite expensive and demanding activity. Parents have to organize who will take care of the baby and many other aspects as well.

To wrap up, although living in contemporary society definitely has huge advantages, at the same time, it by default forces people to be organized and prudent.

The reason two goes too far. The topic is: 'it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.' so it is not related to retirement.

You can always apply 'save time', 'save money', 'find a job', 'make friends', 'get more information' as reasons to all essay/speaking topics.

or You can apply 'waste time', 'waste money', 'no job', 'make bad friends', 'get bad information' as reasons to all essay/speaking topics.

---------------------