In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today

In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.

Taking the current global warming thematic into account and how the society as a whole need to take action in order to find a solution to better deal with this problem and the consequences caused by it, I do agree with the statement.

Firstly, I believe that the massive use of cars will be drastically reduced – especially in large cities. People are more and more believed to notice that the huge amount of CO2, which is daily produced by cars, is a key factor that increases global warming. I think this fact would then encourage people to use public transportation more and more. In addition, people have already started to realise that the price of non-renewable fuels tends to increase and become financially inaccessible. This would be responsible for the reduction of the number of cars in twenty years from now.

Secondly, it is noticeable that the time spent in the traffic has risen over the years – not only in the rush-hour, but also throughout the day, especially in the most congested-cities in the world. People who constantly use their cars wouldn´t waste countless hours every day if they used public transportation. Having the last affirmation spread, there would be therefore fewer cars in the future.

Thirdly, several leaders around the world are already aware of the fact, that there should be more investment in public transportation. This applies both to the construction of new subway lines and the increase of the number of buses and trains that already exist. As the use of buses and trains becomes more attractive to most of the population, the number of cars should considerably reduce.

All in all, I strongly believe that there will be fewer cars in twenty years from now. This is to happen not only due to the financial impact of using non-renewable fuels, but also because of the will to waste less time in traffic and the increase of an eco-friendly awareness in the society.