Which one of the following do you think is the best way to get to know a city in a limited amount of time when you first visit it 1 touring historic sites 2 going to markets or shops 3 eating in restaurants or spending time in cafes

With the rapid development of globalization and modern modes of transportation, people visit domestic and foreign cities quite often: some tour historic sites to get to know more about the cities, while others shop and eat. As far as culture, effectiveness, and globalization are considered, touring historic sites is the best way to know a city.
First of all, the culture of a city is based on its history, and thus touring the physical existence of the history - historic sites - is the most intuitive way for people to get to know a city. For instance, the Colosseum in Rome, the Aya Sofia in Istanbul, and the Palace Museum in Beijing are all cultural symbols of the cities and the cultures they belong to, and they all served both utilitarian and symbolic purposes in history, with some still being used in the modern world. Through visiting the sites and studying their histories, we will be able to not only develop a deep understanding of how the cities physically emerged, prospered, and declined but also how the schools of thinking among residents in the cities changed over the years.
Second, the fact that nations usually use historical sites to spread their cultural influence also indicates that touring the sites is the most straightforward and effective way to learn about the cities. During my personal tour in Istanbul, I visited the landmark Aya Sofia: with the help of the information listed and a guided tour in the Aya Sofia museum (a former mosque and church), I got to know the deep influence of both Christianity and Islam on the city and the country, how people migrated in the Mediterranean region, and even how their diet changed over the years due to the change in religion. Had it not been for such a visit to the historical site, it would be difficult for ordinary tourists like me to know a city in a limited amount of time through more subtle ways such as shopping and eating.
A voice arises that we can also witness the way of people’s life in a city through shopping and eating in restaurants and café. Ironically, while globalization has brought us tons of benefits, this is one aspect that it has a negative impact on. Globalization has made the world more homogeneous, meaning that we might find same clothing and food in cities on two ends of the world –both the New York City and Moscow have dozens of Zara clothing stores (a Spanish brand), and Japanese sushi is a popular food in both cities. Additionally, it is a common phenomenon that people tend to stay in their comfort zones and do not reach out to explore the aspects of the cities that are different from their own.
In conclusion, in terms of culture, effectiveness, and globalization, touring historical sites is the best way to know about a city. There are one thousand Hamlets in one thousand people’s eyes, but I am confident that my opponents will compromise after being shown to my article.