The reading explains the altruism behavior and there are some points of support this term on it. However,the lecturer opposes each of the author reasons, she believes that the examples are not accurate, and she casts doubt in all of them.
First, the reading says that one example of altruism is when one person makes a donation to a family member or to an stranger. According to the reading the donor is not having any benefit of it, which is an example of altruism behavior. On the contrary, the professor claims that this is not an example of altruism. She refutes this, by saying that the donor does receives appreciation from the environment, that serves as rewards to some that cares about it.
Second; the reading says that the meerkat behavior is always cites as an example of altruism. He serves as a guard while other meerkats are hunting or eating. On the other hand, the professor refutes this point by explaining that the meerkat that serves as a sentinel is the one that has habit of eat before, so he is full, in this way he is not protecting the rest of meerkats rather than protecting himself since will be the first to see the predator approaching the area.
Third, the reading claims that the sentinel meerkat issues an alarm once that the predator is coming an he has to go alone while the rest of them are all together. The sentinel will have more chance to be a prey since it will be without protection. In contrast, the lecturer opposes this point by saying that the sentinel meerkat once that gives the alarm is the one that runs faster while the rest will be confused since they don't know where the predator is. This will cause them to be more in danger since they will be confused about what direction they should take.
- Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spends more money on improving public transportation ( buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay. 75
- Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay. 90
- Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response 80
- Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 80
- Is it more important to be able to work with a group of people on a team or to work independently Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer Response time 30 minutes 75
and there are some points of support this term on it.
and there are some points of support on this term.
as rewards to some that cares about it.
as rewards to some that care about it.
Description: 'it' refers to what? Be sensitive to use 'it'.
the meerkat behavior is always cites as an example of altruism
the meerkat's behavior is always cited as an example of altruism
since will be the first to see the predator approaching the area.
since he will be the first to see the predator approaching the area.
that the predator is coming an he has to go alone
that the predator is coming and he has to go alone
it will be without protection.
it will be no protection.
No. of Grammatical Errors: 6 2
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 18 in 30
Category: Satisfactory Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 6 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 13 12
No. of Words: 317 250
No. of Characters: 1401 1200
No. of Different Words: 142 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.22 4.2
Average Word Length: 4.42 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.236 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 91 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 67 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 42 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 11 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.385 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 12.251 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.615 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.377 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.606 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.209 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4