Essay topics: altruism
The reading explains the altruism behavior and there are some points of support this term on it. However,the lecturer opposes each of the author reasons, she believes that the examples are not accurate, and she casts doubt in all of them.
First, the reading says that one example of altruism is when one person makes a donation to a family member or to an stranger. According to the reading the donor is not having any benefit of it, which is an example of altruism behavior. On the contrary, the professor claims that this is not an example of altruism. She refutes this, by saying that the donor does receives appreciation from the environment, that serves as rewards to some that cares about it.
Second; the reading says that the meerkat behavior is always cites as an example of altruism. He serves as a guard while other meerkats are hunting or eating. On the other hand, the professor refutes this point by explaining that the meerkat that serves as a sentinel is the one that has habit of eat before, so he is full, in this way he is not protecting the rest of meerkats rather than protecting himself since will be the first to see the predator approaching the area.
Third, the reading claims that the sentinel meerkat issues an alarm once that the predator is coming an he has to go alone while the rest of them are all together. The sentinel will have more chance to be a prey since it will be without protection. In contrast, the lecturer opposes this point by saying that the sentinel meerkat once that gives the alarm is the one that runs faster while the rest will be confused since they don't know where the predator is. This will cause them to be more in danger since they will be confused about what direction they should take.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 days 22 hours ago||mbabar||3||Read full essay|
|6 days 15 hours ago||realbe||81||Read full essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||suraj1||85||Read full essay|
|1 week 2 days ago||IceGreenTea31||76||Read full essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||Santosh4551||3||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||amitupretii||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Jade Hilton||75||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||suyogbachhav||76||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||suyogbachhav||61||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Hector Padilla||76||Read full essay|
- Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. (74)
- some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible.Other young adults prefer to live with their families for linger time. which of this situations do you think is better? (65)
- altruism (60)
- If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details. (60)
- Now a day, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people lived? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (65)
- If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would you choose? Why? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice. (60)
- People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? (70)
- Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay. (90)
- : Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response. (80)
- Question: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response. (80)