Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spends more money on improving public transportation ( buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.
Public transportation is one the biggest problems in big cities. Once governments resolve this issue, cities will have so much benefits for their population. I believe that governments should spend more money in order to resolve this problem. With a good public transportation traffic jams will be diminish and the environment will be safer .
To start with, cities with good public transportation will have less traffic problems. Less traffic jams during those rush hours will be very pleasant for those that are trying to arrive to their desired place of destiny. For instance, every single morning I have to drive to my work. As I live in Miami, which is a very populated city, I have to wake up very early in the morning in order to arrive on time because of the traffic jams. If we have an adequate public transportation, a lot of person will decide to go by bus to their job and we will have less number of cars circulating and causing traffic issues. Unfortunately my city government don’t focus on this problem. The bus service is very unreliable and people prefer to travel byu using their own mean of transportation.
Secondly, If cities have better public transportation mechanism they would have safer environment. A safer environment will invite more people to live in your city and the city will have more prosperity. Retaking the example of my city, Miami, as we have a very bad public transportation system, people have to go to their job and school by using their own cars. Too many cars circulating cause more air pollution. Too much gases expelled to the environment cause more damage on the ozone layer and more damage to our enviroment. If our government would put more effort in improve our public transportation we will have a safer place to live.
To sum up , I believe that governments should spend more money to improve cities public transportation. That will have such much benefit for the entire population decreasing the traffic jams and having a safer city to live.
|2013-08-18||nar78||75||Read full essay|
|2005-09-24||sheppard||90||Read full essay|
- Many teachers assign homework to students every day Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students Use specific reasons and details to support your answer84
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement It is better to use printed material such as books and articles to do research than it is to use the internet Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer82
- : Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response. 80
- If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.60
- It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.80
Sentence: That will have such much benefit for the entire population decreasing the traffic jams and having a safer city to live.
Description: The word such is not usually used as a qualifier, pre
Suggestion: Refer to such
Sentence: Too much gases expelled to the environment cause more damage on the ozone layer and more damage to our enviroment.
Error: enviroment Suggestion: environment
No. of Different Words: 150 200
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 23 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 1 2
No. of Sentences: 19 15
No. of Words: 343 350
No. of Characters: 1618 1500
No. of Different Words: 150 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.304 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.717 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.746 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 102 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 64 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 40 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 30 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.053 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.156 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.368 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.361 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.514 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.136 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5