: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response.
The reading discuss that educators,students and professionals envision school uniforms as an excellent mean of reducing stress and difficulty of students providing three reasons of support. However, the professor says that the reasons in the article do not provide the kind of support, opposing each of the author’s reasons.
Firstly, the reading contends that the family of students will benefit by saving on the cost of clothing. On the contrary, the lecturer refutes this point by saying that families still have to spend money in buying the uniforms and clothing. The uniforms are not free, parents have to buy them in specialties stores, most of them are expensive. Additionally, students love to wear trendy clothing during the weekends. In this case parents have to spend more money too.
Second, the article avers that the second major advantage of uniforms lies in elimination on unnecessary distractions. However, the professor says that students use clothing to emphasize their attractive features. Uniforms do not emphasize students attractive features at all. That could cause more distractions among the students that looks less attractive than the others.
Finally, the author says that a mandatory policy to wear uniform will develop a sense of community within the school. On the contrary the professor refutes this point by saying that the is not way to create a sense community with uniforms. Students put clothing on to express themselves, if they have to wear uniforms schools are reducing their sense of creativity and independence .Uniforms do not represent this and for that alone they should be avoided.
- Many teachers assign homework to students every day Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students Use specific reasons and details to support your answer 83
- Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spends more money on improving public transportation ( buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay. 75
- Do you prefer to do things by using your hands or by using machines? 60
- If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition what would you choose Why Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice 30
- : Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response. 80
Sentence: The reading discuss that
Sentence: The reading discusses that
as an excellent mean of reducing stress and difficulty of students providing three reasons of support.
as an excellent mean of reducing stress and difficulty of students, providing three reasons of support.
by saying that the is not way to create a sense community
by saying that the is not the way to create a sense community
No. of Grammatical Errors: 3 2
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 24 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 3 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 14 12
No. of Words: 260 250
No. of Characters: 1340 1200
No. of Different Words: 133 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.016 4.2
Average Word Length: 5.154 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.637 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 106 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 87 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 62 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 28 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.571 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.966 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.571 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.363 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.092 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4