If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would you choose? Why? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.
International exhibitions are very interesting. Most of the time they recreate the public by means of some kind of showings .Those exhibitions shows to rest of the world what is happening or what happened in terms of art, culture, literature in their respective countries. If I were asked to send one thing representing my country to an international exhibition I would definitely send a painting of a very important artist from my country named Carlos Enriquez and his piece name is El rapto de la mulatas what in English means the kidnapping of the mulatas. This fine piece of art represents very clear the Cuban sense of anti-colonialism and also shows to the world some distinctive Cuban features.
Firstly, I would like to show to the rest of the world how a very old painting represented the Cubans sense of anti-colonialism. Cuba was an Spain colony. Cubans suffer a lot during that period, there was too much war, fighting, suffering among Cubans during that time. Too many families got broken since too many people died during the war against Spain. That painting clearly shows how two men were kidnapping two women. Those women probably were fighting for their freedom as well. Those women weren’t white . They were mulatas what was the name given to people that were born from a white and a black person relationship. Those beautiful women showed struggling and how they were fighting for their freedom. The men were forcing them to do something that clearly the women didn't wanted to do. Those two women were representing the fight and the furious feeling that Cubans were facing during that hard time, trying to fight and to avoid been a colony forever. And those men represented the Hispanic people trying to take away the Cuban’s freedom.
Secondly, I would choose this fine piece of art since it shows some Cuban features as well. There is a big landscape that is how most of the Cuban country side looks like, opened green areas with trees. There is also some palm trees in the painting. This tree is known as the national tree. There are a vast number of them all around the country. The painting shows also some sensuality in the two women’s faces. This is how Cuba’s women are represented. They are seen as very sensual and beautiful women compared to women from the rest of the world. The author also used in this art some colors. This absolutely represents how colorful our country is. He used red, orange, yellow, some distinctive colors of energy, fierce just as Cubans are.
To conclude with; if I were asked to send a representative thing of my country to an international exhibition I will for sure send The Mulatas Kidnapping, a painting by Carlos Enriquez , this art will show to the world how was the Cuban feeling when we were being colonized and it will also show some Cuban features as well. I will be sure that the public will enjoy this story told by this painter by using his hands and his talent.
- : Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the points made in the reading passage. You have 20 minutes to type your response. 80
- If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition what would you choose Why Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice 30
- Easter Island Approximately 500 years ago, the flourishing society of Easter Island suffered a steep decline in population. Many theories have surfaced explaining how this could have happened to such a thriving culture. Within this small, isolated island 80
- Many teachers assign homework to students every day Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students Use specific reasons and details to support your answer 83
- many people have close relationship with their pets. These people treat their birds, cats and other animals as members of their family. in your opinion are such relationships good why or why not. use specific reasons and examples to support your answers 65
Those exhibitions shows to rest of the world
Those exhibitions show to the rest of the world
to people that were born
to people who were born
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 26 in 30
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 29 15
No. of Words: 515 350
No. of Characters: 2369 1500
No. of Different Words: 218 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.764 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.6 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.491 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 133 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 92 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 64 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 39 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.759 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 12.7 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.345 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.276 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.419 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.109 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5
Thank you for rate my essay, I would like to know based on TOEFL qualifications what grade would you give to this one?