altruistic actions of humans and meerkats

The reading passage and the professor's lecture are both about a particular kind of behavior in both animals and humans called "Altruism". The passage states that, both humans and animals perform selfless act to help others. The professor, on the other hand, strongly disagrees with the reading. He explains the results of a few research findings to reveal the real intentions behind those altruistic actions.

According to the reading passage, the meerkat, who is acting as a sentinel, look for the predator when others in his group eat or searching for food. The professor, on the other hand argues against this point. He explains that the standing guard always eat his food before performing the altruistic act.

The author of the passage states that, when predator approaches, the sentinel makes an alarm cry so that his group members can escape. The author says that the sentinel puts himself in danger, when he makes that sound. However, the professor disagrees. He explains that, the sentinel always stand in front of the burrow, so whenever the predator approaches, the sentinel is the first one to escape.Moreover,the predator's attention goes to the group members,when they try to escape.

As the final point in favor of altruistic action, the author explains about some human actions such as sharing food with strangers and donating body organs. The professor contends that, humans are getting an appreciation and approval from the society when they perform such actions.He adds that, some people really value the increased sense of self worth they are receiving from charity work.

the standing guard always eat his food
the standing guard always eats his food

the sentinel always stand in front of the burrow
the sentinel always stands in front of the burrow