Coal Ash integrated essay TPO 41

Coal Ash integrated essay TPO 41

According to environmentalists in United States, burning coal in power plants contributes to develop a harmful chemical called coal ash in the ecosystem.
Those people concerned about it, and they want a new stricter regulation for that activity by the government. However, owners from companies of coal disagree about a new rule, as long as, it would be unnecessary and from their perspective; it might have a negative impact. The listening passage support the idea about new regulation. They strongly believe that the current regulation is insufficient at some point. For example, they require companies to use liner to protect the environment that doesn’t work at all, because they only use liner in case of a new landfill or a new pond. Companies are not require to use in old ponds or landfills. The harmful chemicals from coal ask can be able to leak into ground water and contaminate drinking water.
Analysts concern about recycling coal ash and they believe new rules might discourage this procedure. Those analysts pointed out, the fact that recycling coal ash represents a large portion of materials such as concrete and bricks, which reduces disposal in other ways, and it doesn’t represent environmental danger, also infer to increase cost of products made by coal ash. Companies can have no option and increase price of electricity. In the other hand, the listening passage refuse to agree with it. They believe the new regulation no longer will discourage people to use recycle coal ash products. Other danger material for example, mercury can be handle and stored despite the current regulation for a long period, it has been unsafe recycled for over 50 years, and consumers won’t be afraid to buy recycle coal ash products if strict regulations are working out. In addiction the listening explains, even though the price will naturally increase, it wouldn’t be so bad if you look at the math behind it, which is going to represent only 1% average of cost.

Not in a right format for TPIO essays
=================