Essay topics: dinosaurs endotherm
The reading states that dinosaurs were endotherm animals and provides three reasons of support. However, the speaker explains that scientists believe these arguments are unlikely true and refutes each of the author’s claims.
First, the article claims that dinosaurs' fossils have been discovered in Polar Regions which suggest dinosaurs belong to this category since endotherms are the only ones suitable to maintain and survive temperatures in cold climates. The professor refutes this point by saying that those regions were warmer years ago than nowadays. Moreover, although such great temperatures were reached, dinosaurs could have migrated or hibernated from this temperature. Hence, the fossils found do not prove this animal was endotherm.
Second, the article posits that because dinosaurs had leg located under the body, they were endotherms. Furthermore, the leg position has allowed them to sustain physical activity, such as running. The author states that today, endotherm animals present legs underneath as dinosaurs at that time. However, the professor explains that dinosaurs were not endotherms even though the legs were under the body. Moreover, he mentions that the most reasonable explanation is that they needed to grow to large size in order to support their weight. Thus, dinosaurs cannot be categorized as endotherm.
Third, the article says that dinosaur presented harversian structures inside the bones which suggest that they grew quickly as endotherm animals do. The professor opposes to this point by saying that they also had some structures are called growth rings that indicate dinosaurs grew and stopped growing in some periods. This disrupted pattern is characteristic of non endotherm animals, so dinosaurs were not endotherm as the reading exposed.
- eco certify products (90)
- endotherm animals (70)
- Businesses should hire employees for their entire lives. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Some people believe that students should attend field trips such as visiting zoos, museums or parks to learn knowledge. Others believe that students should stay in classrooms to learn knowledge. What is your opinion on this issue? (80)
- work made by hand or by machines (70)
- Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they support / contradict specific points made in the reading passage.Reading:Large numbers of dinosaur fossils have been discovered in deposits on Alaska's North Slope, a region that (90)
- Many people have a close relationship with their pets. These people treat their birds, cats, or other animals as members of their family. In your opinion, are such relationships good? Why or why not? (80)
- whether or not to build a school in your hometown (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on young people. (80)
- There are several reasons why salvage logging is beneficial both to a damaged forest and to the economy. (80)