Essay topics: dinosaurs endotherm
The reading states that dinosaurs were endotherm animals and provides three reasons of support. However, the speaker explains that scientists believe these arguments are unlikely true and refutes each of the author’s claims.
First, the article claims that dinosaurs' fossils have been discovered in Polar Regions which suggest dinosaurs belong to this category since endotherms are the only ones suitable to maintain and survive temperatures in cold climates. The professor refutes this point by saying that those regions were warmer years ago than nowadays. Moreover, although such great temperatures were reached, dinosaurs could have migrated or hibernated from this temperature. Hence, the fossils found do not prove this animal was endotherm.
Second, the article posits that because dinosaurs had leg located under the body, they were endotherms. Furthermore, the leg position has allowed them to sustain physical activity, such as running. The author states that today, endotherm animals present legs underneath as dinosaurs at that time. However, the professor explains that dinosaurs were not endotherms even though the legs were under the body. Moreover, he mentions that the most reasonable explanation is that they needed to grow to large size in order to support their weight. Thus, dinosaurs cannot be categorized as endotherm.
Third, the article says that dinosaur presented harversian structures inside the bones which suggest that they grew quickly as endotherm animals do. The professor opposes to this point by saying that they also had some structures are called growth rings that indicate dinosaurs grew and stopped growing in some periods. This disrupted pattern is characteristic of non endotherm animals, so dinosaurs were not endotherm as the reading exposed.
- TOEFL integrated writing: Chaco housing (75)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made the world a better place to live. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (80)
- summarize the points in the lecturer, being sure to explain how they oppose specific points made in the reading: A hydropower facility consists of a plant for electricity production and a water reservoir formed by a dam in a river. The dam has gates that (55)
- ReadingThe zebra mussel, a freshwater shellfish native to Eastern Europe, has long been spreading out from its original habitats and has now reached parts of North America. There are reasons to believe that this invasion cannot be stopped and that it pose (80)
- Is it more important to be able to work with a group of people on a team or to work independently? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer. (80)
- How the speaker casts doubt on the author's claims (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Advertisingcan tell you a lot about a country. Use specific reasons and examplesto support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones and email have made communication between people less personal. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (75)