driverless cars

driverless cars.

The reading and the lecture are both about driverless cars, also called autonomous vehicles or self-driving cars. While the author of the article argues that self-driving cars have many advantages, the lecturer disputes the claim mentioned in the article. His position is that driverless cars are not safe. They have many disadvantages.
According to the reading, Self-driving cars are designed by using sensors and computers, and these can drive without input from a human. These vehicles are already in the market and have a positive impact on the driving experience. The article mentions that self-driving cars are much safer because they reduce traffic accidents, which are caused by human error. He also provided an example, one company has a self-driving car that has driven for over -one million kilometers- without an accident. This specific argument is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that self-driving cars use computers that are designed by humans, so there may be the possibility of human error in a computer system. He also said that the example used by the author is invalid because last month a self–driving car got crashed.
Secondly, the author suggests, the self –driving vehicles are good for the environment because they drive more efficiently. He goes, on to say that, driverless car engines can work efficiently because these cars can communicate with other vehicles, which will reduce traffic problems. The lecturer, however, asserts that driverless cars upsurge pollution, no license required for self-driving means more people on the roads and more fuel consumption which will cause more pollution.
Finally, the author puts forth the idea that self-driving cars are innocuous. In contrast, the lecturer’s stance is that self-driving doesn’t have much positive impact.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.