Essay topics TPO 48 Integrated Writing Task

Essay topics: TPO-48 - Integrated Writing Task

Three methods of solving the problem of declining frog population are discussed in both the passage and the lecture. Those methods will be analyzed in details below.

Firstly, the writer avers that one of the major causes of the decline is usage of pesticides by farmers and that prohibition of the usage of the chemicals by farmers whose lands are situated near frog habitats will tackle the problem. The lecturer argues that this policy will bring a huge economic disadvantage because the farmers who obey the new law will inevitably lose a significant part of their crop as a result farmers whose lands are not located near water sources and wetland will have an appreciable advantage.

Secondly, the text states that usage of new medical procedures will help to slow and ever reverse the decline in frog numbers because novel medication may treat fungus which causes the death of many frogs. However, the speaker claims that some drawbacks of the proposed method were not revealed, for instance, the treatment must be applied individually to each frog; moreover, the effect of the medicine does not pass to the offspring as a result the fulfillment of the proposal will be expensive, tedious and long.

Finally, the author writes that development of wetland and excessive usage of water are reasons which have led to the slump in frog population. Frogs cannot lay their eggs due to shortage of water sources. The lecture debunks this idea because although human activities play a small role at the reducing of number of water bodies, the main reason is climate change. In fact, the planet's temperature keeps steadily growing as a result lakes, marshes, wetlands are drying. Unfortunately, if mankind stops immediately develop wetlands, it will not bring the expected result - increase in frog population.

is usage of pesticides
is the usage of pesticides
is using pesticides

that development of wetland and excessive usage of water are reasons
that the development of wetland and excessive usage of water are reasons

you have issue on 'the'