Globalization” refers to growing economic and cultural interconnectedness between different regions of the world. Because modern transportation and electronic communication has made commercial relationships between distant people easier than ever before

FERIDE08's picture

This set of materials deal with the subject of "Globalization" advantages and disadvantages. The reading presents the benefits of Globalization, while the lecturer strongly counters the opposite idea.

First and foremost, the reading states that globalization allows developing nations to increase their economic status and gives the example that Southeast Asia that citizens live more comfortably. Secondly, the reading supports that trade creates competition and it forces the producers of goods to keep their goods' quality as high as or higher than that of their competitors. Lastly, the reading claims that globalization puts pressure on governments to make safer and healthier choices because there is so many business partners from different countries and it make this happen.

In contrast, the lecturer claims that globalization has dangerous in so many ways. First of all, countries like USA started to close their factories in their countries and have decided to open in other countries like Mexico. It means that there are no enough jobs for the United States' citizen. Secondly, the lecturer says that competitions are good but it can make so many problems. For instance, a big economic crisis was happened at United States in 2008. Although, it happened at United States, so many Europe countries affected this financial crisis. Moreover, unlike the reading's claims, the lecturer doesn't think that the companies are thinking more environment than before. In contrast, companies make less healthy choices for diminishing the cost and selling more goods to overseas countries.