Integrated Writing TPO40

Integrated Writing TPO40

The reading and the lecture both are discussing the possibility of permanent presence of human on Venus. While the author states that the conditions of Venus are unfavorable for human and brings about three reasons for this claim, the speaker refutes those theories by some reasons.
First, the lecturer mentioned that although the atmospheric pressure at Venus is higher than the earth, Venus surface does not comply with this pressure and its pressure is as same as the earth pressure and it seems to be normal for spacecraft to land on Venus without any damage or crash for a while.
Second, the speaker casts doubts this notion that lack of oxygen and water in Venus could be problematic for human by this statement that there are some compounds such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen and sulfuric acid which they could produce oxygen and water by some chemical interactions, so this can be possible to have access to water and oxygen without to need of regular supply of these compounds from the earth.
Finally, according to the passage, there is a thick layer of cloud around Venus which prevents sunlight reach the surface of Venus. However, the professor claims that those clouds are not thick as much as amount that the sunlight beams could not reach the planet's surface. Based on evidence, these clouds are thin enough to filter the sunlight beams and reflex some lights, therefore, it would be enough light for electricity usage and human can establish power station to get those filtered lights to produce electricity.