An international organization has started issuing certifications to wood companies who meet a high ecological standard by conserving resources and recycling materials in an effort to encourage ecological sustainable forestry practices. Certified companies

An international organization has started issuing certifications to wood companies who meet a high ecological standard by conserving resources and recycling materials in an effort to encourage ecological sustainable forestry practices. Certified companies can attract customers by advertising their products as eco-certified. Many wood companies around the world have adopted eco-friendly practices in order to receive the eco-certification; however, it is unlikely that United States wood companies will do the same for several reasons.

First, due to the high levels of advertising American consumers are exposed to they would not pay attention to the eco-certification label. Americans have lost their trust in advertising claims because of how many mediocre products have been labeled as new or improved.

Second, the costs a wood company pays to have their business examined by a certification agency will drive the prices higher than uncertified wood. The American consumer is typically motivated by price and they are more likely to purchase the cheaper, uncertified, wood product instead. Therefore American companies would prefer to keep their prices low instead of obtaining eco-certification.

Third, the claim that it always makes good business sense for American companies to keep up with the rest of the world's developments is not a convincing argument. If American wood companies marketed to a global client base it would be reasonable to argue for the eco-certification, but that is not the case. Most of the American wood business' products are sold in the United States and has a very large customer base that is satisfied with their products.

The article explains that United States companies will not be Eco-friendly and provides many reasons of support. However, the professor explains that there are good reasons that cause the companies to seek the eco-certification and refutes each of the Author's reasons.

First, the reading claims that due to the high levels of advertising, American consumers can't pay attention to the eco-certification labels. The professor opposes this point by saying that there are different types of advertising for products, the companies advertising agency and the independent agency. American trust the independent agency more, and sometimes those agencies are from overseas and that will affect on the wood company in U.S.

Second, the article posits that the cost of wood will increase if the company seek to be Eco friendly. On the other hand, the professor says that it is right that American care about price, but they care about their own environment too. According to the professor if there are two products with the same price, people would choose the one that has eco-certification.

Third, the reading asserts that American companies will not compete foreign ones because most of their products are for local use. However, the professor contends that if American companies won't preserve the environment, that's will open the door to foreign companies to work in the local markets to cover for the needs of eco-certified materials, and it will be a very strong competitor.

there are different types of advertising for products, the companies advertising agency and the independent agency
there are different types of advertising for products such as the companies' advertising agency and the independent agency

if the company seek to be Eco friendly
if the company seeks to be Eco friendly