In many organizations perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages

In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages

According to the reading, a group of people has a wide variety of expertise, knowledge, and skills. The article also mentions that a group can work quickly and can respond quickly to the task assigned to them. This specific argument is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that the group consists of two types of people, one who worked on the projects, and one who doesn't even what is the topic of the projects. A group only reflects overall group performance. The lecturer also mentions that some projects do not move quickly because of the disputes between the people of a group/team.
Secondly, the author suggests that a group can come up with a creative solution to the task assigned to them. The lecturer, however, asserts that working with a group is influential for example if a person disagrees with the idea presented then the other instantly drop the idea without any further discussion.
Finally, the author puts forth the idea that working with a team is a good and effective way for a company. In contrast, the lecturer’s stance is rather than assign a task to a group it's better to assign a task to a person.