purpose of stone balls in the ancient time

The passage mainly explains that carved stone balls that are a type of attractive artifact found in Scotland: the reading made several theories about their purposes. The lecture, in contrast, introduces some evidences that undermine such claim.

First, the article claims carved stone balls were considered as a kind of weapon for fighting and hunting due to their grooves and central hole. The professor casts doubt on this point by saying that any Neolithic weapon like arrow, which is discoverd at ancient places, were not preserved, while surface of carved stone balls are very well-preserved.

Second, carved stone balls were used as a type of old system of weights and measures since they have uniform size, as the author claims, is repudiated by the lecturer. She mentions that although they have unified size, there is big gaps between their density reasoning that they were made from different stones like, green or sand stones. Different type of stones have different density.

Third, the reading points that carved stones balls used as social porpuse artifact since they have sophisticated decorations. In contrast, the speaking says that some of the carved stone balls have intricated designs but others are simple. In addition, there is no evidence about finding them in tomb and grave.

The passage mainly explains that carved stone balls that are a type of attractive artifact found in Scotland
The passage mainly explains the carved stone balls that are a type of attractive artifact found in Scotland

while surface of carved stone balls are very well-preserved.
while the surface of carved stone balls are very well-preserved.

there is big gaps
there are big gaps

the reading points that carved stones balls used as social porpuse
the reading points that carved stones balls are used as social porpuse

Sentence: The professor casts doubt on this point by saying that any Neolithic weapon like arrow, which is discoverd at ancient places, were not preserved, while surface of carved stone balls are very well-preserved.
Error: discoverd Suggestion: discovered

Sentence: Third, the reading points that carved stones balls used as social porpuse artifact since they have sophisticated decorations.
Error: porpuse Suggestion: propose

Sentence: In contrast, the speaking says that some of the carved stone balls have intricated designs but others are simple.
Error: intricated Suggestion: No alternate word

----------------------