Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they contradict specific points made in the reading passage.

Essay topics in audio

Both the reading and the listening discuss the Power of information. The article states that a higher level of political sophistication which leads to more education is the solution for the troubles that society faces. However, the lecture contradicts specific points made in the reading passage. The professor says that some researches were made about the power of information.

The first point the professor makes is that scientists think that people become less open with information. He elaborates that it is found that the facts have no power. As one example he says that people became strong in their beliefs, therefore it is difficult to be optimistic. This point contradicts the point made in the passage. The latter states that facts are the most effective medicine for misunderstood.

Furthermore, the professor points out that believes are more effective than facts. He explains that people twist facts. To illustrate, believes make people to accept bad information. New information conducts to have no effect in opinion. This contradicts the point from the reading. According to the article, the more information people have, the better they will be informed in opinions.

Finally, the lecture states that if they are threatened, they do not listen to information. As the speaker has it, the more they are threatened, the less they will see the opinions. This contradicts the reading’s key point. According to the passage, accurate information helps the society to solve problems.

some researches were made about the power of information.
some researches were making the power of information.

for misunderstood.
for misunderstanding.

----------------------