Essay topics: TOEFL TPO 43 - Integrated Writing Task
The passage and the lecture is about a marine animal called agnostids and they elaborated upon the eating habit and dwelling places of agnostids. The passage provides three theories about agnostids whereas the lecturer rebuts these theories by stating these theories to have serious weaknesses.
Firstly, the passage posits that the agnostids were free-swimming predators. The lecturer, however, refutes this theory by stating that predators needs to have larger eyes to clearly see the prey whereas the agnostids had very small eyes and poor vision. In addition, the lecturer states that the agnostids could even be blind. Thus it is not possible for agnostids to be a free-swimming predator.
Secondly, the writer in the passage states another theory that agnostids were seafloor dwellers and lived of by scavanging dead organisms in the sea floor. The lecturer rebuts this point by stating characteristics of seafloor dwellers. She states that sea floor dwellers are not very fast and cannot go very far and stay localized. that's why sea dwelling species of one area are not found in other areas of the ocean. In contrast, the agnostid fossil were found in many area in the sea which means they had spread fast in many areas which in unlikely for seafloor dwellers.
Finally, the passage states another theory about agnostids being a parasitic animal. The lecturer, however, rebuts this point by the stating that parasitic animals have limited population, otherwise it might kill off the host. But, many fossils of the agnostids can be found in the ocean. which provides an evidence that the population of the agnostids were quite large to be a parasitic animal.
- Glass is a favored building material for modern architecture, yet it is also very dangerous for wild birds. Because they often cannot distinguish between glass and open air, millions of birds are harmed every year when they try to fly through glass window (73)
- TOEFL T P O 48 - Integrated Writing Task (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Toward the end of his life, the Chevalier de Seingalt (1725-1798) wrote a long memoir recounting his life and adventures. The Chevalier was a somewhat controversial figure, but since he met many famous people, including kings and writers, his memoir has b (63)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Television advertising directed towards young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- In the 1950s Torreya Taxifolia, a type of evergreen tree once very common in the state of Florida started to die out. No one is sure exactly what caused the decline, but chances are good that if nothing is done, Torreya will soon become extinct. Experts a (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Students are more influenced by their teachers than by their friends. (70)
- Large numbers of dinosaur fossils have been discovered in deposits on Alaska’s North Slope, a region that today experiences an extremely cold, arctic climate. One hundred million years ago, when those dinosaurs were alive, the environment of the North S (75)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (73)
- TOEFL TPO 43 - Integrated Writing Task (73)