The Reading and the lecture are both about the decreasing of the population of the sea otter which is a small mammal. The author of the reading mentions that the reasons of declining in populations is because of the environmental pollution rather than the predators. The lecturer challenges the claim made by the author. She is of the opinion that the population decreased due to the predators .
To begin with, the author argues that the oil rigs and the industrial chemicals are the main reasons for the pollution. The article mentions that the water sample have too many chemicals that decrease the otter's immune system which lead to their death. This specific argument is challenged by the lecturer. She claims that the predators are the main cause of descending the population where the alaskan wouldn't expect that . Additionally, she says the remaining of the otter can not wash up .
Secondly, the author suggests that the seals and sea lions were also declining, so the otters has also effect on the other sea mammals. In the article It's said that it affects the entire ecosystem rather than a single species. The lecturer, however, rebates this by mentioning that the whale changed their diet to survive because of the human hunters.she elaborates on this by bringing up the points that the whales tries to catch sea lions, seals and sea otters.
Finally, The author positions that the pollution hypothesis could also explain the uneven pattern of otter decline. Moreover.In the article, it is stated that the ocean currents or other factors have created unequal concentration of pollutants along the coast. In contrast, she lecturer's position is that uneven pattern made by the ocra. She notes that the orca are so large and goes to shallow places where sea otters are declined.
- TPO 17 Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Most advertisements make products seem much better then they really are Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 70
- Toward the end of his life the Chevalier de Seingalt 1725 1798 wrote a long memoir recounting his life and adventures The Chevalier was a somewhat controversial figure but since he met many famous people including kings and writers his memoir has
- TPO40Some parents offer their school age children money for each high grade mark they get in school Do you think it is a good idea 60
- TPO 11 Integrated a decline in reading the literature
- TPO25 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Young people nowadays do not give enough time to helping their communities Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 66
No. of Words: 301 250
Write the essay in 20 minutes.
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 22 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 7 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 5 2
No. of Sentences: 16 12
No. of Words: 301 250
No. of Characters: 1460 1200
No. of Different Words: 154 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.165 4.2
Average Word Length: 4.85 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.479 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 104 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 77 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 48 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 32 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.812 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.401 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.438 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.346 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.346 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.109 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 1 4